Air Conditioning Rebates
The Ontaair conditioning unitsrio air conditioning rebate program has been extremely popular. If you want to take advantage before it comes to an end you will need to act quickly.
In order to qualify your new energy star air conditioning unit must must be purchased and installed before 30th June 2017.
The maximum rebate is $400. The amount of rebate you qualify for depends on the size and energy efficiency of the unit. The air conditioning unit must be installed by a qualified participating contractor. We can help you with the whole process, including specifying the correct air conditioning unit, installing and testing and applying for the rebate.
A new rebate program has just been announced but it operates in a completely different way. It’s so complicated I will publish a separate blog on the subject in due course. The Home Energy Conservation program:
- Requires a 2 hour pre-audit of your home by a Certified Energy Advisor, which will cost you $200 up front which is not reimbursed.
- You are required to complete at least 2 of the recommendations made by the CEA resulting in more than 15% in energy costs
- The work needs to be completed by a certified contractor and paid for in full
- A 1 hour post audit is required to confirm the energy savings, at a cost of $150.
- The rebate is only paid after the post audit is complete and includes reimbursing $150 for the post audit cost plus the rebate associated with the uprades (Max. $400 for air conditioning if applicable)
In short, if you plan to replace your air conditioning you should act now.
To learn more about Ontario air conditioning rebates and what that means for you call now.