Geothermal heating and cooling systems in Kemptville connect your home to the stable temperature underground by extracting natural energy from below the earth’s surface to cool your home in the summer and, alternatively, heat your home in the winter.
The process works by utilizing a single Water Furnace (a leading manufacturer for geothermal systems), which offers both heating and cooling, as well as designated Earth loops to draw energy from the ground. Because the ground absorbs up to 47% of the sun’s energy, there is more ‘free’ energy to take from – this means that for every one unit of electricity, there are four units of ‘free’ energy added, resulting in five units of heating or cooling entering your home and 500% more efficiency, as opposed to only 98% efficiency with a standard gas furnace. To get a better idea of how much you can save, try our Geothermal savings estimator.
Due to this extremely high energy efficiency, using a geothermal system is similar to planting 750 trees or taking two vehicles off the road every year. Plus, as more homebuyers look to green housing options, having an energy efficient system in place will increase your home’s resale value.
Geothermal systems provide these overall benefits:
- Energy-efficiency: Geothermal heat pumps use a natural source of heating, provided by the earth. They don’t need nearly as much energy as other heating options, which reduces your carbon footprint. Geothermal cooling systems reduce emissions, too and are more energy efficient than other cooling systems that use carbon-based fuel.
- Save on utilities: When you save energy, you also save on utility bills. Most homeowners can expect a big drop in utility costs throughout the warm and colder seasons when they use geothermal heating and cooling systems.
- Odourless: There’s little to no exhaust from geothermal heating and cooling systems, so those with allergies and sensitivities can breathe easy.
- Reduced risk of damage: Geothermal heating and cooling systems are installed in your home and in the ground, where it’s more difficult for them to become damaged.
- Safe: Unlike gas or oil-powered heating systems, geothermal systems have no need to store fuel and are non-flammable, making them a safer option for your family.
- Multi-function: Geothermal systems work to keep your home warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
- Low maintenance: The durability and long lifespan of a geothermal system means less upkeep or need for continuous updates.
- At RB Heating our expert installation team has hundreds of years of experience between us. We keep up with the latest technologies to install your geothermal system correctly, the first time around.
- We’re the largest HVAC company in Kemptville but we’re still focused on customer service above all. We want you to have the best HVAC products that are right for your family.
- We also offer maintenance and repair services that you can rely on to keep your HVAC system running for years and help you get the most out of your investment.